- Crews are working on grinding and paving operations on Badger Road.
- Drivers should expect PILOT CAR operations and DELAYS up to 15 minutes.
- This work will be done in 3 sections. Each section will take approximately two weeks to complete.
- First section: East of Old Badger Road to Bradway Road.
- Second section: Bradway Road to just before Hurst Road.
- Third section: Dennis Road to east of Old Badger Road.
- Mailboxes on the north side of Badger Road have been relocated and will eventually be replaced. Mail delivery will continue throughout construction.
Crews will be working 7 days a week from 8:30am to 9:00pm, with occasional work as late as 11:00pm. Crews will be grinding the existing asphalt, laying new asphalt and temporary striping.
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, in cooperation with HC Contractors, is working to upgrade Badger Road between Dennis Road and Hurst Road to accommodate a two-way left-turn lane that will reduce turning-related crashes. Work will include striping, installing drainage, signing and street lighting, as well as widening Badger Road and reconstructing driveway approaches. This project is expected to be complete in October 2019.