An INBOUND RAMP CLOSURE is in effect for ALL vehicles accessing the Port, requiring drivers entering the Port area to use alternate DETOUR routes.
- For those traveling inbound to the port, please utilize Post Road to Whitney Road to Ocean Dock Road route via:
- SOUTHBOUND TRUCK DETOUR: Reeve Boulevard off the Glenn Highway.
- NORTHBOUND TRUCK DETOUR: Ingra Street, turning east onto 4th Avenue.
- “A” Street traffic is encouraged to transfer over to Ingra at the first opportunity.
- The INBOUND RAMP CLOSURE will require a minimum of 14 days for the work and will be in effect for at least two delivery cycles (Sunday-Tuesday).
- At all times, drivers are reminded to remain aware, reduce speed and be patient with stopped and/or turning vehicles along the alternate DETOUR route. Please proceed with caution and follow all construction DETOUR route signs.
- NOTE: Access to and from Government Hill residential and business areas, as well as the JBER gate, via the bridge, will be maintained throughout the work. Be alert for minor DELAYS and slower traffic to Government Hill and the Port (when the ramp is complete) due to LANE CLOSURES for the remaining bridge work.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with QAP, is working to preserve C Street pavement and upgrade urban curb ramps. This federally funded contract work will improve the C Street corridor, from the Port Access bridge to 40th Avenue. The work includes bridge deck repairs, pavement surfacing with limited utility improvements and select curb ramps within the project boundaries (see map) that will bring pedestrian facilities to current ADA-compliant standards. This project is scheduled to be complete by fall 2018.