- Through Saturday, May 25, crews will be removing asphalt on Wembley Avenue and drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 28 through Saturday, June 1, crews will be removing asphalt on Danby Street.
- Crews are working from 7:00am to 7:00pm, 7 days a week, with brief periods of night shift work.
- Please be aware of trucks entering and exiting the area.
- Drivers should be aware of CHANGING TRAFFIC PATTERNS, as well as LANE RESTRICTIONS and flagging operations.
- Drivers should also expect brief CLOSURES for paving and striping operations later in the summer.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Exclusive Paving, is working to construct a roundabout at the intersection of Wembley Avenue and Danby Street, as well as reconstructing Wembley Avenue and constructing an adjacent sidewalk. Work will include repairing roadside hardware, improving drainage, adding ADA improvements, and upgrading utilities. These projects are expected to be complete in August 2019.