- Crews continue to work between Whittier Street and the Merchant's Wharf and crews will shift inbound and outbound traffic to the mountainside of Egan Drive near 10th Street. Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. Traffic control will be in place between West 12th Street and the Ramada Inn. This NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN will be implemented on Thursday, October 10, and last for approximately two weeks.
- Inbound traffic will be shifted to the outbound fast lane of Egan Drive.
- Outbound traffic will be shifted to the outbound slow lane of Egan Drive.
- Left-turns on-to 12th Street and 10th Street on inbound Egan will be open.
- Left-turns on-to and off-of the Douglas Bridge will be open.
- Access to 8th Street and 9th Street, near the Department of Labor, Cycle Alaska, and the Juneau Hotel, will remain open.
- Left-turns on-to and off-of Egan Drive will be restricted at both 8th Street and Glacier Avenue.
- Motorists needing to access outbound Egan Drive from 8th Street must take a right turn onto inbound Egan Drive and travel to Whittier Street to take a left turn and continue to the signalized 10th Street and Egan Drive intersection. Alternatively, motorists may continue on inbound Egan Drive to the traffic circle near the Downtown Public Library to make a permitted U-turn onto outbound Egan Drive.
- Over the weekend, right-turns off the Douglas Bridge onto inbound Egan will be allowed only from the open lane that normally provides access to 10th Street and outbound Egan Drive. Larger vehicles needing to access inbound Egan Drive should DETOUR to 10th Street over to Whittier Street during this time. Normal right-turns off the Douglas Bridge will resume Monday, October 14.
- During this time, there will also be pedestrian closures on the waterside of the 10th Street and Douglas Bridge intersection and a pedestrian detour under the Douglas Bridge. Access to all businesses and the Whale Park will be maintained during construction.
- All businesses will have access to their establishments and are open regular hours during construction.
- Please follow NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and posted DETOURS.
- Additional project information can be found at https://www.egandriveproject.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Secon-Egan-Drive-Improvements-Main-Street-to-10th-Street-2383757411906937/.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, will be working to install new pavement, improve pedestrian and bike paths, widen traffic lanes, repair retaining walls and culverts, replace aging storm drainage systems, and rehabilitate the Gold Creek Bridge. This is a multi-year project.