- Construction crews are working during the day and night at the intersection of Farmers Loop and Steese Highway.
- Be alert to construction crews working during the night from 7:00pm to 7:00am and expect NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS at the following high-speed intersections:
- Steese Highway at Farmers Loop
- Mitchell Expressway at Lathrop Street, Peger Road, University Avenue
- Johansen Expressway at Steese Highway, and Danby Street
- Richardson Highway at Airport Way
- Construction crews are working during the day and throughout the night at the following intersections:
- Airport Way at Lathrop Street, Gillam Way/Barnette Street, Noble Street, and Richardson Highway/Steese Highway
Construction crews will be working to remove old signals and poles and upgrading to a new signal system. Drivers should expect nightly flagging operations at four-way intersections, though NO ROAD CLOSURES are anticipated at this time. Drivers should also expect NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS on the message boards in advance of the signal work. Be alert for signal outages, LANE RESTRICTIONS, flaggers and stop signs to control traffic in the intersections. Slow down when approaching advanced warning construction signs and devices. Use caution and watch for workers, equipment, and pedestrians in and near the work zones.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with HC Contractors and B&B Electric, is working to perform signal modifications at multiple locations throughout the Fairbanks area, including installing signal heads, flashing yellow arrows, and replacing supplemental signal heads.
HC Contractors and B&B Electric