- Crews are currently working at Trainor Gate Road/Steese Highway, Airport Way/Peger Road, and Steese Highway/College Road intersections.
- Please be aware of crews and equipment working at all four corners of the intersections, as well as possible flagging operations and TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS to facilitate moving construction equipment.
- Crews will also be working at the following intersections during September:
- Dartmouth Road/Chena Ridge Road and Chena Pump Road
- Peger Road/Davis Road
- College Road/IIlinois Street
- College Road /Old Steese Highway
- Airport Way/Cushman Street
- Airport Way/Cowles Street
- Drivers should expect flagging operations, LANE RESTRICTIONS and possible DELAYS while crews are working at various project sites simultaneously.
- Pedestrians will be directed to temporary pathways around the construction work sites.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with NPC Energy Services, is working to perform signal modifications at multiple locations throughout the Fairbanks area, including installing signal heads, flashing yellow arrows, and replacing supplemental signal heads. This project is expected to be complete in December 2020.
NPC Energy Services