Through Saturday, June 1, Mission Street will be CLOSED at the intersection of Front Street. Pedestrian access will be maintained from Berth 2 at the Visitor’s Center to Mission Street.
On Wednesday, May 22 and Thursday, May 23, there will be a northbound DETOUR on Stedman Street. Drivers should expect ONE-LANE TRAFFIC from 3:00pm to 1:00am. Northbound traffic will be DETOURED onto Dock Street, then to Grant Street. Southbound traffic will remain on Stedman Street, but drivers should expect NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS.
- On Wednesday, May 22 and Thursday, May 23, crews will be working on Mill Street between Main Street and Stedman Street Bridge from 3:00pm to 1:00am.
- No work will occur from Friday, May 24 through Monday, May 27 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday weekend. Work will resume on Tuesday, May 28.
- Front Street to Birth 1 will be open daily from 1:00am to 3:00pm.
- Through Friday, June 7, the southbound bus stop on Front Street at Tongass Trading, the northbound bus stop on Front Street at the Totem Bar and the southbound bus stop at the Federal Building will be CLOSED.
- Business access will be maintained throughout construction. Drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and flagging operations, as well as changes to pedestrian traffic, parking and local access. Please follow all posted signs for DETOURS and NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS.
- All sidewalks are open and all businesses have access to their establishments, and are open regular hours during construction.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Secon Inc., is working to reconstruct Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Streets in Downtown Ketchikan. Beginning at the intersection with Grant Street (Water Street Tunnel) to west of Stedman and Deermount Street's intersection. Work will include the demolition and reconstruction of pedestrian facilities and sidewalks, bridge deck repairs, bridge substructure repairs, removal of buried dock pilings and caps from the roadbed, storm drain improvements, pavement rehabilitation, as well as signing and striping.