- Construction crews are working between MP 97 and 118.
- The Sterling Highway is open at the Crooked Creek DETOUR, for all traffic.
- Crews are working day shifts from 7:00am to 7:00pm, 7 days a week. Drivers should be aware of possible TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS, shoulder work, and DELAYS.
- Please also be aware of possible DELAYS on the highway when the seeding truck is on the road.
- A high number of moose have been sighted along the project corridor, drivers are advised to be attentive, especially at night as it gets darker closer to the winter season.
The Alaska Department of Transportation is working to widen the highway shoulders and install four large diameter culverts. Construction for the 2019 season will primarily occur at Slikok Tributary, Crooked Creek, and Clam Gulch. The Coal Creek culvert will be replaced as a part of improvements, and the adjacent areas revegetated and restored. Construction work includes pavement removal, unclassified excavation, embankment, grading, paving, stream diversions, stream channel construction, stream bank construction, culvert installation, signing, and striping. This project is scheduled to be completed in October 2019.