Drivers should expect intermittent SIDE ROAD CLOSURES, occurring daily. Please pay attention to posted signs and DETOURS.
- Beginning Sunday, August 25 through Tuesday, August 27, crews will be paving the east side of Jewel Lake Road. Please expect DELAYS up to 20 minutes.
- During paving activities, please expect daily SIDE ROAD CLOSURES as crews work to pave the approaches. Please follow DETOURS and be aware of flagging operations.
- Drivers should be aware that both northbound and southbound lanes of traffic have been shifted to the west side of Jewel Lake Road.
- The pedestrian pathway is now on the west side of Jewel Lake Road to avoid construction.
- Crews are working on grade work on the east side of Jewel Lake Road.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Southcentral Construction, is working to construct a continuous two-way left-turn lane on Jewel Lake Road between 88th Avenue and Strawberry Road. Project work will include shoulder widening and pathway extension, as well as installing curbs and gutters, drainage, paving, signing, striping, and signalization.