- Crews are working between MP 73 and 79, from 10:00am to 10:00pm.
- Beginning Monday, August 26 through Thursday, August 29, crews will be working between MP 58 and 61, from 8:00am to 7:00pm daily.
- Crews will be working off the roadway over Labor Day weekend.
- Drivers should expect PILOT CAR and flagging operations.
- Please be aware of firefighters on the road between MP 53 and 75. Drive with headlights on at all times and expect DELAYS due to fire activity.
- Tune in to local radio station 105.3 for updates and check 511 for impacts and closures.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with Granite Construction, is working to improve road conditions on the Sterling Highway from MP 58 to 79. Work will include upgrading passing lanes and pedestrian walkway for Skyline trail access, as well as road resurfacing and shoulder widening. Crews will also be replacing the existing culvert at the East Fork Moose River with a new bridge.