- Mainline striping in Phase I is complete. Drivers should be alert to water trucks as they water seeded slopes, as well as crews working on punchlist items.
- Crews are working on pathway and approach paving in Phase III. Crews are working on guardrails at night, in addition to the installation of signs and stabilizaton of slopes with topsoil and seeding.
- Mainline paving in Phase III is complete. Crews are still working on pathway asphalt and some approaches.
- Please expect varying traffic patterns as paving and striping progresses throughout the project.
- Be aware of crews working, as well as trucks and equipment operating in the project area.
- Crews are striping at the Seward Meridian and working their way towards Palmer. Please be aware of wet paint and obey traffic control and flaggers when crews are working.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with QAP, is working to widen the Palmer-Wasilla Highway to create a two-way center left-turn only lane. Project work includes grading, drainage, paving, pathway, signing and striping.