- Starting Saturday, May 8, 3rd Street between the Old Steese Highway and Hamilton Avenue will transition to one-way SINGLE-LANE TRAFFIC, eastbound only, for the duration of the 2021 construction season, through October.
- Starting Saturday, May 8, 3rd Street intersections at Hamilton Avenue and the Old Steese Highway will have signals deactivated. These two intersections will be controlled as a four-way stop for the duration of the 2021 construction season, through October.
- Please follow all posted DETOUR ROUTES for access to 3rd Street. Pedestrian access will remain open, along with business access.
- Be alert to construction activities between the hours of 7:00am to 11:00pm daily.
- Please be aware of potential construction activities at the 3rd Street and Steese Highway intersection, along with flagging operations and LANE CLOSURES between 7:00pm and 6:00am, Monday through Friday. On weekends, work may occur from 7:00pm to 10:00am.
Throughout the construction season, be alert to SINGLE-LANE TRAFFIC, construction equipment and workers in the roadway, flagging operations and LANE CLOSURES.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with HC Contractors, is working to widen 3rd Street between the Old Steese Highway and Hamilton Avenue, which will also include upgrading utilities and resurfacing the roadway. Will work include removing existing asphalt, replacement of facilities, relocating overhead power, as well as development of new pedestrian facilities and asphalt. This project is expected to be complete in June 2022.