- Starting the week of June 20, crews will begin work. Drivers should expect traffic impacts.
- Work will begin at the east end of Ahkovak Street near the Search and Rescue Facilities and work its way west. The Search and Rescue Facility driveway will not be affected.
- Please allow additional time to get to the airport or other locations on Ahkovak Street.
- Ahkovak Street will have a section of CLOSURES with DETOURS and ONE-WAY TRAFFIC to maintain access to all businesses and the airport.
- Okpik Street will be the primary DETOUR for ROAD CLOSURES on Ahkovak Street.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with ASRC SKW-Eskimos, Inc., will be working to pave Ahvovak Street and install new drainage pipes between Kiogak Street and Okpik Street.
ASRC SKW-Eskimos, Inc.