- Through Monday, October 3 at 5:30am, the Seward Highway at Dowling Road will be reduced to two lanes in each direction.
- Beginning Monday, October 3, traffic on the Seward Highway at Dowling Road will be diverted back onto the bridge.
- Crews are working on the Seward Highway at Dowling Road during the day and night.
- Drivers heading southbound and northbound on the Seward Highway will be diverted off the Seward Highway at the Dowling Road exit to accommodate the bridge replacement work. The current on- and off-ramps will be used to accommodate Seward Highway traffic, with no stops required where the existing Dowling Road roundabouts were.
- Through Sunday, October 2, expect Seward Highway traffic to be diverted onto the current on- and off-ramps at Dowling Road.
- Please be aware that there will be no access to Dowling Road from the Seward Highway during construction.
- Dowling Road will remain CLOSED from Brayton Drive through Homer Drive for this long-term temporary phase.
- Be aware of a reduced speed limit of 55 MPH through the DETOUR.
- Through October, Homer Drive frontage road access to Dowling Road will be CLOSED.
- Brayton Drive and all Dowling Road business access will remain open throughout construction.
- To receive email updates on this project, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with QAP, is working to reconstruct the Dowling Road and Seward Highway interchange. Project work includes expanding the Dowling Road roundabouts and replacing the Seward Highway overpass bridge at Dowling Road. Major project work is expected to be complete in the fall of 2022, with final work taking place throughout 2023.