- Outbound traffic on Egan Drive at the roundabout by the Downtown Library is CLOSED. Traffic will be DETOURED up Franklin Street, 4th Street, Calhoun Avenue and 12th Street to Egan Drive. Main Street access from Egan Drive will be via Franklin Street and 4th Street. The work will take place in two phases. Traffic restrictions and DETOURS will be in place 24-hours per day. Pedestrian access will be maintained on one side of Egan Drive; please follow posted detour routes.
- The following traffic revisions will be in place during the first phase of this work:
- Outbound Egan Drive lanes will be CLOSED from Shattuck Way to Main Street. DETOUR ROUTES to outbound Egan Drive will be via Franklin Street, 4th Street, Calhoun Avenue, and 12th Street. Access to Main Street from Egan Drive will be via Franklin Street and 4th Street for all motorists.
- Inbound Egan Drive traffic will be limited to a single lane beginning at Willoughby Avenue.
- The following traffic revisions will be in place during the second phase of this work:
- A single outbound Egan Drive lane will be reopened from Shattuck Way to Main Street.
- Right turns from Main Street will be restricted. Access to Egan Drive will be via the same DETOUR as the first phase.
- All other traffic controls from the first phase of this work will remain in place from 10th Street to Seward Street during this time.
- Please follow NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and posted DETOURS.
- Additional project information can be found at https://www.egandriveproject.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Secon-Egan-Drive-Improvements-Main-Street-to-10th-Street-2383757411906937/.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, will be working to install new pavement, improve pedestrian and bike paths, widen traffic lanes, repair retaining walls and culverts, replace aging storm drainage systems, and rehabilitate the Gold Creek Bridge. This is a multi-year project.