- Traffic is being shifted to the waterside of Egan Drive. This shift will be in place for an extended period of time.
- The right-turn pocket onto the Juneau-Douglas Bridge, next to Juneau Electronics and the Marine Exchange, will be CLOSED. Access to right-turns onto the Juneau-Douglas Bridge will be available through the combined single traffic lane. The turn pocket will be reopened as soon as possible.
- Access to Glacier Avenue from Egan Drive (near Gold Creek Bridge) will be CLOSED. Access to businesses in this area will be maintained via W. Willoughby Avenue.
- All other traffic controls will remain in place from 10th Street to Main Street, reducing traffic to one lane in each direction and restricting left-turns on-to or off-of Egan Drive.
Pedestrian access will be maintained on the waterside of Egan Drive between Main Street and 10th Street.
Protected pedestrian crossings will be available at Main Street and 10th Street only. An unprotected crossing will be available at Whittier Street.
- Please follow NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and posted DETOURS.
- Additional project information can be found at https://www.egandriveproject.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Secon-Egan-Drive-Improvements-Main-Street-to-10th-Street-2383757411906937/.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, will be working to install new pavement, improve pedestrian and bike paths, widen traffic lanes, repair retaining walls and culverts, replace aging storm drainage systems, and rehabilitate the Gold Creek Bridge. This is a multi-year project.