Access to outbound Egan Drive from Whittier Street is CLOSED until further notice.
- Crews are working on Egan Drive between Willoughby Street and Whittier Street.
- Crews are working on the mountainside of Egan Drive between the Ramada Inn and Whittier Street. The Whittier Street and Egan Drive intersection traffic signal will not be operational for the remainder of the construction season.
- Beginning the week of July 15, crews will be working on the shoulder of the roadway from 10th Street to 8th Street.
- Drivers should be aware of traffic control from Main Street to Glacier Avenue, with ONE-LANE TRAFFIC open in each direction. Please be aware of RESTRICTED LEFT-TURNS on and off Egan Drive between Main Street and 10th Street.
- Please be aware of flagging operations, NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and follow signs for posted DETOUR ROUTES.
- All businesses will have access to their establishments and are open regular hours during construction.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained on the seaward side of Egan Drive. Pedestrians will be detoured around the work zone through the Bill Overstreet Park and under the Douglas Bridge to access the protected crossing at 10th Street. Please follow posted pedestrian detour signs accordingly.
- Additional project information can be found at https://www.egandriveproject.
com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Secon-Egan-Drive-Improvements-Main-Street-to-10th-Street-2383757411906937/.
Beginning Saturday, July 13, no parking will be permitted in the State right-of-way along the seaward side of Egan Drive between 10th Street and the Seawalk.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, will be working to install new pavement, improve pedestrian and bike paths, widen traffic lanes, repair retaining walls and culverts, replace aging storm drainage systems, and rehabilitate the Gold Creek Bridge. This is a multi-year project.