- Drivers should expect intermittent LANE CLOSURES in the fall on the following routes:
- Johansen Expressway, University Avenue to College Road
- Richardson Highway, at the highway overpass at Santa Claus Lane in North Pole
- Mitchell Expressway, Lathrop Street to the Richardson Highway on and off ramps
- Steese Highway, north from the Chena Hot Springs Road overpass
- Steese Highway, north from the Hagelbarger Avenue/Steele Creek Road intersection
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Exclusive Paving, is working at various locations throughout the Fairbanks and North Pole area. Work will include upgrading concrete barriers to current design standards on the Johansen Expressway, Mitchell Expressway, Steese Highway, and the Richardson Highway at North Pole. Work will occur during the 2020 and 2021 construction seasons. We will do our best to keep you informed of any project updates and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. This project is expected to be complete in August 2021.