- Crews are currently working at the intersection of Old Steese Highway and College Road.
- Please be aware of crews and equipment working at all four corners of the intersections, as well as possible flagging operations and TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS to facilitate moving construction equipment.
- Crews will also be working at the following intersections during mid-October pulling new wire on the shoulders, off the roadway:
- Peger Road/Airport Way
- Cowles Street/Airport Way
- Peger Road/Davis Road
- Cushman Street/Airport Way
- Steese Highway/College Road
- Steese Highway/Trainor Gate Road
- Old Steese Highway/College Road
- Drivers should expect flagging operations, LANE RESTRICTIONS and possible DELAYS while crews are working at various project sites simultaneously.
- Pedestrians will be directed to temporary pathways around the construction work sites.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with NPC Energy Services, is working to perform signal modifications at multiple locations throughout the Fairbanks area, including installing signal heads, flashing yellow arrows, and replacing supplemental signal heads. This project is expected to be complete in December 2020.
NPC Energy Services