- Beginning Monday, July 26, through mid-August, drivers should be alert to road work at the Sheep Creek Road and West Tanana Drive intersection, from 8:00am to 8:00pm, Mondays through Fridays.
- Drivers should be aware of crews, trucks, and equipment on the shoulder and roadway.
- Drivers should be alert to flagging operations, and expect minor DELAYS while traveling through the work zone.
- Pedestrians should be alert to construction work on and near the path, and should obey flagger directions while traveling through the work zone.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with HC Contractors, is working to improve intersections in the City of Fairbanks and Fairbanks North Star Borough.
- At Chena Pump Road and Chena Point Ave: Crews will construct a dedicated right-turn lane for south-bound traffic turning onto Chena Point Ave from Chena Pump Road.
- At Sheep Creek Road and West Tanana Drive: Crews will widen the road at the intersection with Sheep Creek Extension, and install a dedicated left-turn pocket for traffic coming from the university, turning left onto Sheep Creek Extension toward the Parks Highway.
- At South Cushman Street and 23rd Avenue: Crews will repaint the stop bars further back from their current position to create more room for large vehicles turning south onto Cushman Street, allowing for an easier and safer turn.
This project is expected to be complete by mid-August of 2021.
HC Contractors, Inc.