On Monday, June 24, Grant Street will be CLOSED between Main Street and Front Street from 3:00pm to 1:00am.
Mission Street is CLOSED at the intersection of Front Street until further notice. Pedestrian access will be maintained from Berth 2 at the Visitor’s Center to Mission Street.
On Monday, June 24, drivers should expect a northbound DETOUR on Stedman Street from 3:00pm to 1:00am. Northbound traffic will be DETOURED up Deermount Street at Tatsudas, then follow Park Avenue to Bawden Street. Southbound traffic will remain on Stedman Street, but drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS.
- Crews are working on Front Street, from 3:00pm to 1:00am, daily. Work will not occur on Fridays.
- Front Street to Birth 1 will be open daily from 1:00am to 3:00pm.
- Until further notice, the following bus stops will be CLOSED: the southbound bus stop on Front Street, the northbound bus stop on Front Street at the Totem Bar and the southbound bus stop at the Federal Building.
- Drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and flagging operations, as well as changes to pedestrian traffic, parking and local access. Please follow all posted signs for DETOURS and NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS.
- All sidewalks are open and all businesses have access to their establishments, and are open regular hours during construction.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Secon Inc., is working to reconstruct Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Streets in Downtown Ketchikan. Beginning at the intersection with Grant Street (Water Street Tunnel) to west of Stedman and Deermount Street's intersection. Work will include the demolition and reconstruction of pedestrian facilities and sidewalks, bridge deck repairs, bridge substructure repairs, removal of buried dock pilings and caps from the roadbed, storm drain improvements, pavement rehabilitation, as well as signing and striping.