Through Monday, August 26, the Grant Street intersection, between Main Street and Front Street, will be CLOSED.
From Saturday, August 24 through Thursday, August 29, drivers should be aware of a northbound DETOUR on Stedman Street from 3:00pm to 1:00am. Northbound traffic will be DETOURED up Deermount Street at Tatsuda's, then follow Park Avenue to Bawden Street. Southbound traffic will remain on Stedman Street but a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN will be in place.
- Crews are working on Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Street, from Grant Street to Deermount Street daily, from 3:00pm to 1:00am. There will be no work on Fridays.
- Beginning Sunday, August 25, there will be no parking from the tunnel on Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Street, including the area from the Stedman Street (Creek Street) Bridge, down to Tatsuda's on Stedman Street while crews perform striping operations. Please be aware that cars will be towed.
- Please be aware that there will be intermittent bus stop closures on Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Street, while crews perform striping operations.
- Drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and flagging operations, as well as changes to pedestrian traffic, parking and local access.
- Please follow all posted signs for DETOURS and NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS. All sidewalks are open and all businesses have access to their establishments, and are open regular hours during construction.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Secon Inc., is working to reconstruct Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Streets in Downtown Ketchikan. Beginning at the intersection with Grant Street (Water Street Tunnel) to west of Stedman and Deermount Street's intersection. Work will include the demolition and reconstruction of pedestrian facilities and sidewalks, bridge deck repairs, bridge substructure repairs, removal of buried dock pilings and caps from the roadbed, storm drain improvements, pavement rehabilitation, as well as signing and striping.