Gillam Way is CLOSED to through-traffic from Airport Way to 22nd Avenue, local access only. Please be aware that work on a utility project adjacent to the Gillam Way Reconstruction project has CLOSED 17th Avenue and Cowles Street.
- Crews are working along Gillam Way.
- Through the week of October 7, as weather allows, driveway and side street paving, along with sidewalk construction, will continue.
- Through the end of October, crews will also work on temporary striping, sign installation, and landscaping.
- Drivers should expect CHANGING TRAFFIC PATTERNS. Residential and business access will be maintained.
- This project will be mostly complete this year, although some work will need to be completed during the 2020 construction season.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, is working to reconstruct Gillam Way from Airport Way to 22nd Avenue. Work will include installing roadside hardware, utilities, sidewalks and making ADA improvements, as well as upgrading drainage and intersections. We will do our best to keep you informed as work progresses and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. This project is expected to be complete in October 2019.