- Beginning the week of April 12, crews will be performing blasting operations from MP 15 to 16.5 on the Haines Highway.
- Drivers should expect PILOT CAR and flagging operations with DELAYS up to two hours during blasting operations.
- The following blast signals will be sounded on a clearly audible air horn or similar device:
- Blast Warning Signal: A series of long signals five (5) minutes prior to blasting
- Blasting Imminent: A series of short signals one (1) minute prior to the blast
- All Clear Signal: One(1) long signal following the inspection of the blast area
- More information can be found at haineshwy.com or the project hotline at 907-314-0680.
The Department of Transportation is working to reconstruct the Haines Highway from MP 12.2 to 20. Project work will include realigning the highway at certain locations and widening the shoulders. Work will also include grading and paving operations, debris flow mitigation and drainage improvements. This project is expected to be complete in September 2022.