- Work is expected to begin in June.
- Drivers should expect possible LANE CLOSURES on westbound Johansen Expressway.
- Drivers and pedestrians should be aware of work on the bike path along Danby Street.
- Please be aware of possible DELAYS as crews are working in the area.
- Bike path closures will be broken into sections, with pedestrian detour routes in place.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Great Northwest Inc., is working to resurface the Johansen Expressway and Danby Street bike path, between University Avenue and the Steese Highway, extending ¼ mile north from the Johansen Expressway and Steese Highway intersection. Work will also include resurfacing the Danby Street bicycle/pedestrian path between Wembley Avenue and College Road as well as upgrading curb ramps along Danby Street and College Road. Crews will repair fencing at various locations. We will do our best to keep you informed of any project updates and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. This project is expected to be complete in August 2020.
Great Northwest Inc.