- Traffic is running down the center of the roadway in two lanes, with traffic delineators running down the length of the project on either side. Stop signs and street signs have been installed.
- Pedestrians should use the gravel pathway from Eagle Rock to Cole Drive.
- Work includes paving, installing a guardrail, and completing the pedestrian pathway.
- Speed limit will be posted at 45 MPH, and temporary speed reductions may be present at times.
- Drivers should be aware of construction vehicles, lane shifts, and flagging operations.
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, in cooperation with Wolverine Construction, is working to build 5 lanes, two in each direction with a center turn lane, from MP 5 to 8 on the Kenai Spur Highway. This section will match the current 5 lane road at MP 8. Crews will also be constructing a new pathway, improving drainage, extending slopes, and installing new signage and striping.