- Expected to occur in late January or early February, crews will begin work near Herring Cove Bridge.
- Drivers should be alert to LANE CLOSURES and SINGLE-LANE TRAFFIC.
- Drivers should expect minor DELAYS.
- Pedestrian access at the bridge will be closed.
- Drivers should also expect ROAD CLOSURES during the project. Notices will be provided in advance.
- Parking within the project limits during construction will not be available.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Hamilton Construction, is working to replace the Herring Cove Bridge with a new, wider bridge. Work will include installing sidewalks, stone armoring around the bridge, as well as intersection improvements and utility work between Wood Road and Powerhouse Road. This project is expected to be completed in July 2023.
Hamilton Construction Alaska