- The temporary bridge is in service and the road is open to the public.
- Construction continues for the reconstruction of the road and bridge replacement. The project is behind schedule and will continue through October.
- Drivers should be aware of flagging operations, and watch for heavy equipment and workers in the area. Please expect DELAYS up to 10 minutes.
- To check on construction status, the 24 hour project hotline number is 907-772-3308, where questions will be documented and responded to within 12 hours when received during business hours, and within 24 hours when received outside of business hours.
- Business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Rock N Road, is working to replace the existing Airport Creek Bridge on Gravina Island. Work will include constructing a clear span 100-foot by 36-foot concrete bridge supported by piling as well as realigning the Bostwick Road and Seley Road intersection. Work is expected to be complete in October 2019.
Rock N Road