- Crews are installing a temporary DETOUR at Portage Creek 2 and new bridge girders at Placer River Overflow. Drivers should expect flagging operations and minor DELAYS between the 20 Mile River at MP 80 and the Placer River Overflow at MP 78 Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
- During non-working hours the speed limit between 20 Mile River and Placer Overflow will be 45 MPH.
- Through December, be alert to a temporary DETOUR on the Seward Highway at MP 78, near the Placer River Overflow.
- Be alert to reduced speeds of 35 MPH at the Placer River Overflow DETOUR, 24 hours a day.
- Crews will also be working along the shoulder of the Seward Highway between 20 Mile River and the Placer River Overflow, Monday through Saturday, from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Drivers should be aware of equipment exiting and entering the roadway.
- Drivers should be aware of a large number of trucks exiting and entering the Seward Highway along the inside of the curve at MP 79, near the Portage Glacier Highway intersection.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Mass Excavation, Inc., is working to replace the bridges at 20 Mile River, Portage Creek #1, Portage Creek #2, Placer River, and Placer River Overflow, as well as realign sections of roadway within the Portage Curve to improve safety within the corridor. The pathway project will create segments of multi-modal pathway between MP 75, near Ingram Creek, and MP 82, near 20 Mile River. The pathway will include pedestrian under crossings at Placer River, Portage Glacier Highway, Portage Creek #2 and 20 Mile River. Crews will also work on installing grading, drainage, paving, illumination, signage and striping improvements.
Mass Excavation, Inc.