- Crews will be working through Friday, July 2.
- Work will take place 24 hours a day between 10:00pm Sunday nights and 5:00am Friday mornings.
- No work or traffic delays will occur between 5:00am Friday mornings and 10:00pm Sunday nights.
- Crews will be repairing potholes on the five bridge decks within the Portage Curve segment. Once the bridge decks are repaired, crews will then replace segments of asphalt between the 20 Mile River and the Placer River Overflow.
- Drivers should expect reduced speeds, INTERMITTENT PILOT CAR and flagging operations, as well as ONE-LANE TRAFFIC.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Mass Excavation, Inc., is working to replace the bridges at 20 Mile River, Portage Creek #1, Portage Creek #2, Placer River, and Placer River Overflow, as well as realign sections of roadway within the Portage Curve to improve safety within the corridor. The pathway project will create segments of multi-modal pathway between MP 75, near Ingram Creek, and MP 82, near 20 Mile River. The pathway will include pedestrian under crossings at Placer River, Portage Glacier Highway, Portage Creek #2 and 20 Mile River. Crews will also work on installing grading, drainage, paving, illumination, signage and striping improvements.
Mass Excavation, Inc.